We all want our homes to feel like a place to recharge and relax, but sometimes creating that kind of space takes a little more than budget allows. That doesn’t mean there aren’t little things you can do to help yourself feel just a little bit more *fancy* as you go about your day. Here are my top ways to make little improvements, without breaking the bank:
1. Fancy coat hangers: I splurged on hotel-quality hangers for my coat closet and love how it neatly organizes the space. The hangers not only look and feel *fancy*, they hold the shoulders of heavier wool jackets and help the m keep their shape.
2. Fancy pots for plants: Plants are a great way to bring life into your space, but you can add even more interest by putting them in a pretty pot or planter. I love this gold foil pot and place it on a pretty piece of vintage china to make my basic lily look even more pretty.
3. White bathroom linens: I know white can be a pain, but it looks so pretty in a bathroom because it lightens up the space. I recommend white towels, window panels, and shower curtains to make your bathroom feel like a spa. To keep them a bright white, separate the wash cycles of bleach and detergent as bleach kills the optical brightener in your detergent. Bleach first, rinse, detergent second!
4. Upgrade your storage: We all have clutter and junk to store in our house, but why not make it look nicer than it is? After Christmas, I buy up all of the fancy gift boxes to use as storage for my office and closets. I also buy pretty gift tags to use as labels for storage to keep organized.
5. Set the table: I might be a weirdo, but I love having a set table even when I’m not using it. I love airy white table linens and a cute setting to add a focal point to my dining room. I make my table with a set of white plates from the dollar store and a $10 napkin set from Target. Its so simple and pretty!
With these ideas in mind, I hope you can go forth and feel just a little bit more fancy at home!